What operating system includes a virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant can be defined as a computer software program that is artificially intelligent to understand human voice commands and performs task for the end user based on instructions or commands. Generally, macOS is an operating system that includes a virtual assistant referred to as Siri.
What does the operating system do if you try to save a file with the same name into the same folder group of answer choices?
What does the operating system do if you try to save a file with the same name into the same folder? It overwrites the original file unless you add a number, date, or initials to differentiate the files.
Which of the following are operating systems supported by Apple?
Apple and Macintosh computers run on the proprietary macOS and OS X system. There are also previous versions/updates: Lion (OS X 10.7) Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8)
How do I open a file with something else?
To change the default application:
- From the desktop, right-click the desired file, select Open with, and click Choose another app from the menu that appears.
- Select the desired application.
- The file will open in the new application.
What is the shortcut key to open application?
Click the text box of “Shortcut Key” and actually press a key on the keyboard that you want to set as the shortcut key. The key you have pressed appears in the “Shortcut Key” text box accompanied by “Ctrl”+”Alt” keys. When you press the “A” key, for example, “Ctrl+Alt+A” appears there.
How do I keep windows open on my computer?
To make the active window always on top, press Ctrl + Spacebar (or the keyboard shortcut you assigned). Press the keyboard shortcut again to disable “always on top” for the active window. For script options, right-click on the AutoHotkey icon in the system tray.
How do I tile a window open in Windows 10?
Using the mouse:
- Drag each window to the corner of the screen where you want it.
- Push the window’s corner against the screen corner until you see an outline.
- Select the window you wish to move.
- Hit Windows Key + Left or Right.
- Hit Windows Key + Up or Down to make it snap to either the upper or lower corner.
How do I open windows in center of screen?
Fix 4 – Move Option 2
- In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the program in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
- Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.
How do I save my desktop layout in Windows 10?
To save any window position, click on the Windows title bar to make sure the window is active and press the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+Z. A tooltip message will confirm that the position has been saved.
Can I save my desktop layout?
To save your desktop icons just right click on your Windows’ Desktop and select Refresh. An easy way to restore your desktop icons is to make a batch file with the code below – I called my file RestoreIcons.
Why does Windows 10 keep rearranging my desktop icons?
Have you tried unchecking the Auto arrange icons option on your desktop? To do this, right-click on the desktop, select View. Make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked. Also, uncheck Align icons to grid.
How do I get my desktop icons to stay in the same place?
- Right click on the desktop.
- Select View. Uncheck ‘Auto Arrange Icons’
- Arrange your icons in the way you want them.
- Right click on the desktop.
- Left click Refresh (this is the key for Windows remembering your icon location. There is something that makes Windows forget – sometimes and only sometimes.
Can I lock my desktop icons in place Windows 10?
Although Windows doesn’t offer an easy option to lock your desktop icons in place, you can use the auto-arrange and alignment features to keep your desktop icons in order—or you can use a third party app called DeskLock. On Macs, you can sort icons by tag, which keeps them locked in place.
Why does my this PC icon keep moving?
Right-click the Desktop, select View. Make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked. Make sure Align icons to grid is unchecked as well. Reboot and see if the issue is resolved.
How do I keep my icons from moving?
- Right-click the desktop.
- Select View.
- Point to Arrange Icons by.
- Click Auto Arrange to remove the check mark next to it.
How do I fix my icons on Windows 10?
Here is how to fix corrupted desktop icons in Windows 7 and Windows 10, as the approaches are different.
- Rebuilding the icon cache in Windows 10. Use Command Prompt. Manually delete the icon cache.
- Rebuilding the icon cache in Windows 7. Use a .bat file. Use Command Prompt. Delete the icon cache database.
How do I lock my desktop icons in Windows?
How to Lock Desktop Icons in Place
- Organize your desktop items in the order that you would like them to stay.
- Richt-click with your mouse anywhere on your desktop.
- Select “Desktop Items” next and uncheck the line that says “Auto Arrange” by clicking on it.
- Click “Align to Grid” to align your desktop icons in their current position.
How do I put icons on my desktop?
To add icons to your desktop such as This PC, Recycle Bin and more:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to hav
e on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.